- 19 May 2017, 2:30-4:30 pm: I will give a paper, “Mine Then Thine: Exchange and Learning in The Temple” (abstract) at the George Herbert in Paris Conference, sponsored by the George Herbert Society. The conference is hosted by Université Sorbonne Nouvelle (Paris III) and Université Sorbonne (Paris IV). Herbert in Paris Program.
- March 2017: I received the College of Liberal Arts Scholarly Excellence Award at Southern Illinois University, Carbondale.
- December 2016: My essay on Donne’s Second Anniversarie, “Learning from Anniversaries,” in Connotations 25.1 (2015/2016) has won the Distinguished Publication Award from the John Donne Society. It shares the award with articles by Sarah Powrie and Michael Ursell in the same volume.
- October 2016: My essay on learning and Lycidas, “Digression, Sublimity, and Learning in Lycidas,” appeared in the October issue of Milton Quarterly.
- Video link to “Illuminating the Word: The Devotional Tradition and the Future of Poetry,” a symposium on devotional lyrics at Brigham Young University, 20-21 November 2014. My paper, “Religious Formalism,” is part of the first panel on early modern devotional lyrics.