- January 2018: My essay on Andrew Marvell’s verse satire and the nature of value, “Literalizing Value: Poetry, Evaluation, and the Market in Marvell’s ‘The Last Instructions,'” has just appeared in Marvell Studies.
- April 20-21, 2018: I will present a paper, ““Speculative Praise: Milton, Herrick, and the Value of Encomia,” at the 13th Canada Milton Seminar, sponsored by the University of Toronto. Please see the link for registration information. There’s also a poster for the event.
- September 2017: My essay on Andrew Marvell’s “The Garden,” “Sameness and the Poetics of Non-Relation,” just appeared in the most recent issue of PMLA. It examines the relationship between creativity and subtraction in Marvell’s verse and forms part of my current project on value and exchange in seventeenth-century lyric.
- August 2017: Milton’s Modernities, edited by Feisal Mohamed and Patrick Fadely, has just appeared from Northwestern University Press. It includes my essay, “Learning from History: Empiricism, Likeness, and Liberty in Paradise Lost, Books 11-12.” There’s also a promotional flyer that includes a discount code for the paperback edition.
- March 2017: I received the College of Liberal Arts Scholarly Excellence Award at Southern Illinois University, Carbondale.
- Video link to “Illuminating the Word: The Devotional Tradition and the Future of Poetry,” a symposium on devotional lyrics at Brigham Young University, 20-21 November 2014. My paper, “Religious Formalism,” is part of the first panel on early modern devotional lyrics.